Saturday, November 7, 2015

Writing Prompt

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but here is what you were waiting for: I was mulling through a few writing prompts, and this one popped in my head: "You receive a package in the mail from your grandmother who died 30 years before." When I am working with the students in my class, the first thing I always do, is force them to focus on the entire question/statement. First off- they need to consider what was happening historically, culturally and socially 30 years before. They need to consider what type of relationship (if any) the person could have had with their grandmother. Was she the maternal or paternal grandmother? Was she the type of person who would have sent something sentimental, practical, or life changing? When writing, you need to explore EVERY facet. :) Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment